I hate when web sites talk in the third person. I believe that it disconnects the business owner or practitioner from the client or customer. Labels can also feel really gross too, but that’s because we can use multiple labels at once.
Anyway, it’s more personal if I say I, and I want this to be the start of our relationship.
I changed my life – there have been ups and downs. I changed careers – also, some ups and downs. I want to help others, so I’ve put myself in a position to do that.
Through private practice and my experience as a coach with health-adjacent startups, I’ve coached over 1,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
I am a health and life coach, and working with me is more than that. Together we look at the intersections that make you, you. I help you honor your experiences and grow from and through them.
You can check out my About to learn more about my story – you can also dig through the blog. Below is a snippet of my education and background.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)-Nutrition, UNC-Chapel Hill, expected 2025
- Associates in public health, Quinsigamond Community College, 2018
- Masters in nonprofit management, Northeastern University, 2013
- Bachelors in public relations and journalism, Utica University, 2011
Certification and Certificates
- Board-certified Health and Wellness Coach, NB-HWC
- Certified Health Coach, ACE
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, ACE
- CPR/AED certification, American Red Cross
- USA Powerlifting Club Level Coach
- Trauma-Informed Care, University of Indiana: Bloomington
Why public health? Why health coaching?
Public health utilizes science to discuss health problems, but it looks at the psychological and sociological cause and effect of health in today’s society. It peels back all the layers and it’s exactly how I approach health coaching. I ask my clients to consider how the world impacts them and how they impact the world around them.
As a health coach I strive to influence overall behavior to help create a lasting healthy lifestyle. Your health is more complex than you view it, it’s not just about eating healthy or working out. Anyone can tell you what to eat, when to eat and what exercises to execute, but no one can make you do it – no one can put the work in for you. Health coaching helps you examine your goals and life more thoroughly and create a plan that will help you where you want to be.
You can learn more about working with me here or email me at email@example.com.