With summer BBQ’s and gatherings over bonfires, there are some foods that you can’t escape, nor would you want to. My favorites this time of year are s’mores, guacamole, burgers and chicken wing dip. However, over the years, we’ve started to incorporate some of these throughout the year.
I’ve made chicken wing dip a number of times for parties, but after I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance, I started experimenting with different modifications.
Sometimes I use plain Greek yogurt with cream cheese because it’s easier on my stomach, other times I use a combination of regular cream and light. I use Ranch spices more often than Ranch dressing, which actually gives it quite the kick!
This version is actually what I think of when I think of the buffalo bombers you can find at restaurants here in Worcester. A buffalo bomber is a fried dough (usually a wonton wrapper) filled with buffalo chicken dip.
What You’ll Need:
- Joseph’s flax and oat pita
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon of Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 to 4 ounces of chicken breast cooked
- 1/2 tablespoons of Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet and lay out chicken evenly apart, bake for 7 minutes or until cooked.
- While chicken is baking, in a bowl soften 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot to cream cheese. Set aside.
- While chicken is still hot, shred into bite size pieces, add to cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in seasoning thoroughly – nothing worse than a full bite of spices!
- Stir in shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Open pita pocket by cutting off a piece at one side.
- Stuff chicken and cheese mixture into the pita. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet until outside is crispy.
1 thought on “Recipe: Chicken wing dip stuffed pita”
Wow! It looks so yum. Can’t wait to have it. Will just change chicken wings from chicken breast. Hope it comes out great. thanks for sharing Cristina.